The primary theme of last week’s Torah Parsha (VAKIRA) pertained to the five diverse sacrifices, which the Israelites presented at the Sanctuary. On the surface, this week’s Torah Parsha (TZAV)...
Congregation Am Haskalah
In Attendance: Liz Fear, Rachel Zane, Jane Levine, Izzy Studzienko, Anita Goldman, Joy Scott
- Naches and Chesed:
- Finkelsteins – sent donation in memory of Jerry Nepon
- Emily Zane – chosen representative for Governor’s Regional School Safety Task Force
- Update report on status of Chesed list members
- Reflection on previous month events
- Spiritual Writing
- Adult Ed – Anti-Semitism and Hollywood – great job by Jake and neat comparison of Crossfire and Gentleman’s Agreement
- Wandering Jews dinner – Mediterranean Cafe, good food, good turnout
- Plans for Upcoming events
- Next Book Group (TBD), Spiritual Writing (TBD), Borscht Belt (see Shavout movie below)
- Wandering Jews May 30 at Iron Pigs Jewish Heritage Night – $16 to RACHEL or IZZY – getting a block of 10 tickets, $5 parking
- Life and Legacy grant approved.
- Year 2… need more members on committee
- June 20 recognition dinner – JCC, we will have an AH table
- May 19 – Shavuot –” The Chosen People?” documentary movie – Strata or Levine’s
- Jake’s Graduation – Sunday June 10th
- Send RACHEL questions for exit interview regarding his evaluation of the congregation and its value as a teaching experience.
- Rabbi goodbye luncheon
- Need CBS’ small social hall for June 16
- Israeli community theme
- Rabbi Committee: need applicants then interviews. Maybe on RRC campus
- JFLV Grant …May 11 RACHEL writes, DAVE SMITH edits.
- Bissell of Fun Contest award – Given at Rabbi goodbye lunch.
- Fundraising committee inception – Joy to chair upon departure
- Movie events
- Bissell of fun
- Potential tabling events
- Bethlehem VegFest
- Superhero 5k
- Holistic expo
- Bethlehem Farmer’s Market
- Rally in Valley
- Out of the Darkness October 7
- Womens 5k breast cancer October 6
- Finance Report: See Treasury Report
NEXT MEETING: June 3, 2018 1:00 PM at Anita’s at B’nai Brith
Submitted May 7, 2018 by Jane Levine