By Joy Scott, Am Haskalah Congregant This week’s Torah Parsha (NASO) begins with a continuation of last week’s Parsha (BAMIDBAR); completing the census of the Children of Israel, and assigning...
Congregation Am Haskalah
In Attendance: Liz Fear, Rachel Zane, Jane Levine, Izzy Studzienko, Anita Goldman, Joy Scott
- Naches and Chesed:
- Finkelsteins – sent donation in memory of Jerry Nepon
- Emily Zane – chosen representative for Governor’s Regional School Safety Task Force
- Update report on status of Chesed list members
- Reflection on previous month events
- Spiritual Writing
- Adult Ed – Anti-Semitism and Hollywood – great job by Jake and neat comparison of Crossfire and Gentleman’s Agreement
- Wandering Jews dinner – Mediterranean Cafe, good food, good turnout
- Plans for Upcoming events
- Next Book Group (TBD), Spiritual Writing (TBD), Borscht Belt (see Shavout movie below)
- Wandering Jews May 30 at Iron Pigs Jewish Heritage Night – $16 to RACHEL or IZZY – getting a block of 10 tickets, $5 parking
- Life and Legacy grant approved.
- Year 2… need more members on committee
- June 20 recognition dinner – JCC, we will have an AH table
- May 19 – Shavuot –” The Chosen People?” documentary movie – Strata or Levine’s
- Jake’s Graduation – Sunday June 10th
- Send RACHEL questions for exit interview regarding his evaluation of the congregation and its value as a teaching experience.
- Rabbi goodbye luncheon
- Need CBS’ small social hall for June 16
- Israeli community theme
- Rabbi Committee: need applicants then interviews. Maybe on RRC campus
- JFLV Grant …May 11 RACHEL writes, DAVE SMITH edits.
- Bissell of Fun Contest award – Given at Rabbi goodbye lunch.
- Fundraising committee inception – Joy to chair upon departure
- Movie events
- Bissell of fun
- Potential tabling events
- Bethlehem VegFest
- Superhero 5k
- Holistic expo
- Bethlehem Farmer’s Market
- Rally in Valley
- Out of the Darkness October 7
- Womens 5k breast cancer October 6
- Finance Report: See Treasury Report
NEXT MEETING: June 3, 2018 1:00 PM at Anita’s at B’nai Brith
Submitted May 7, 2018 by Jane Levine