The word Chesed means lovingkindness. The mission of the Am Haskalah Chesed Committee is to provide an organized channel through which the Members of the Congregation support each other during significant life events or extended illness. Our Chesed Committee Members provide acts of love and kindness to Congregational Members who are in need, such as visiting the sick, running errands for the homebound, and providing transportation to Congregational events for those who do not drive. The Committee also supports life-cycle events, such as shivas. The Committee is here to assist whenever possible and appropriate. If another resource is more suited to a Congregation Member’s request, the Chesed Committee can help facilitate a referral to the Rabbi, Jewish Family Services, or other appropriate organizations.
- We can provide help with:
- Transportation to medical appointments, to visit a loved one in the hospital or in a home, to religious services, etc.
- Help with meals, respite care for caregivers, etc.
- Social visits to just talk, lift spirits, read newspaper or book, etc.
- Provide info about community services and resources.
- Other services requested that we are qualified and capable of delivering.
Please contact our Chesed Committee for help whenever needed.
Remember — no matter what kind of problem — you are never alone.